Bible Study March 6, 2019
LESSON SIX: "God Gets You".
Wednesday March 6, 2019
Conference Call Number: (563) 999-2090 Access Code: 793633 Very important: To those of you who have T-Mobile or Metro PCS phone service, you must first dial this number 206-451-6112, you will then be prompted to dial the Conference Call Number and Access Code above. This will allow you to use the confernce call for free.
This week, you and your group will be studying God’s promise in his Word that he understands you and every-thing that you will face on this earth. Before your group meeting, reach chapter 7 in Unshakable Hope: “God gets You.” Spend some time using the following personal study to reflect on what you’ve read.
Insights from Chapter 7 in “Unshakable Hope”
- How does Jesus’ humanity give you a greater appreciation of his ability to understand what you face in this life?
- How does Jesus” deity give you confidence in his ability to overcome anything you face?
- How does Jesus sinlessness actually help him to understand the temptations you will face even more?
- How does the story of Sara Tucholsky give you a greater appreciation for Jesus?
Insights from Scripture
- Read Colossians 1:15-20 How does this passage stretch your appreciation or understand of Jesus?
- Read Luke 2:41-52. Why is the humanity of Jesus important in building an ongoing relationship with him?
- Read Matthew 26:36-46. How does Jesus” struggle in the Garden of Gethsemane help you to relate to some of your own trials, temptations, or struggles?
- Read Hebrews 5:7-10 and Hebrews 10:19-23. How do these passages remove any barriers to approach God with your struggles?
Insights from the Video
As you watch the video for session six, use the following outline to record any additional takeaways from the teaching.
The remarkable ordinariness of the Savior’s entry into the world.
Why God chose to go so far as to send his own Son to earth.
The stunning idea behind the term in carnation
Why Jesus had to be fully human and fully divine
Why the promise that God gets us matters to each of us.
- What statement in the video teaching affected you the most? Why?
- What are some of the ways that people tend to picture God? What does the fact that he chose to enter the world as a baby tell you about his nature?
- How does Jesus” humanity cause you to desire to draw near him? How does Jesus’ divinity cause you to want to worship him?
- How do you wrap your mind around the fact that Jesus was both human and divine at the same time? What stories in the Bible illustrate both his humanity and divinity?
- What is your specific action step to live out this promise of God this week?