Bible Study February 6, 2019
LESSON TWO: "God Will Win the Victory".
Wednesday February 6, 2019
Conference Call Number: (563) 999-2090 Access Code: 793633 Very important: To those of you who have T-Mobile or Metro PCS phone service, you must first dial this number 206-451-6112, you will then be prompted to dial the Conference Call Number and Access Code above. This will allow you to use the confernce call for free.
Reflections from chapter 3 in the book
- How do you sometimes view life as a picnic rather than a battlefield?
- How does the Ezekiel 28:12-19 passage impact your view of Satan?
- How do you live with an awareness of the battle but not a fear of the enemy?
- How should knowing the end of the story affect your view of today’s battles?
Now take some time to allow this promise from God to take root in your heart by reflecting on the following passages of Scriptures. Begin by preparing your heart in prayer. Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal truth as you engage God this week.
- Read Matthew 4:1-11. How does this passage describe Satan? What tactics does Satan use? How does Jesus combat Satan’s tactics?
- Read 1 Peter 5:8-9. How does this passage describe Satan? How does God encourage you to combat Satan?
- Read Ephesians 6:10-18. What is the significance of each piece of armor used to combat Satan?
- Read Romans 16:20; 1 John 4:4; and James 4:7. How do these passages expand your perspective of Satan? Hpw do you balance understanding Satan’s schemes, learning to combat him, and standing firm in Jesus’ victory?
- Slowly read God’s Promise for this session three times: “The God who brings peace will soon defeat Satan and give you power over him” (Romans 16:20 NCV). By the third reading, try to repeat this promise back to God in prayer.
- Personalize God’s Promise for this week. For example, you could pray, “Father, you bring peace, You have defeated Satan and have given me power over him. Amen.”
- Prayerfully read this week’s My Promise as a declaration: “I will acknowledge Satan but worship God.”
- Consider what next steps you could take to apply this promise to your life.
Reflecting on the Video
As you watch the video for session two, use the following outline to record any additional takeaways from the teaching.
We are in a battle, and we must take it seriously
The devil is a spliter, divider, and a wedge driver
Satan was anointed and blameless until his heart became proud
Satan tempted Adam and Eve by offering them power and control
Satan has been cast out of heaven but is not yet cast out of our lives
Consequently, we need to take up the armor of God each day
- What statement in the video teaching affected you the most? Why?
- How does the idea of being in a battle affect the way you should approach each day?
- How does it help you to know the enemy has already been defeated?
- How can you be alert to the enemy’s tactics but not live in fear of him? How do you maintain the right perspective?
- What is your specific action step to live out this promise of God this week?