Bible Study February 27, 2019
LESSON FIVE: " God Gives Grace to the Humble ".
Wednesday February 27, 2019
Conference Call Number: (563) 999-2090 Access Code: 793633 Very important: To those of you who have T-Mobile or Metro PCS phone service, you must first dial this number 206-451-6112, you will then be prompted to dial the Conference Call Number and Access Code above. This will allow you to use the confernce call for free.
God tells a king who really is in charge
God resists the proud, but gives
Grace to the humble
(1 PETER 5:5 NKJV)
MY PROMISE: I will pursue humility.
This week, you and your group will be studying God’s promise in his Word that he gives grace to those who come to him in humility and acknowledge their need before him. Before your group meeting, read chapter 6 in Unshakable Hope: “Grace for the Humble.” Spend some time using the following personal study to reflect on what you’ve read.
Insights from Chapter 5 in Unshakable Hope
- How did God give Nebuchadnezzar an opportunity to demonstrate humility?
- How can you honestly assess whether you suffer from pride?
- When the mighty fall, the fall is mighty. How can you focused on others instead of yourself help you to grow in humility?
- What are some of the checks and balances in your life to help keep you humble?
Insights from Scripture:
- Now take some time to allow this promise from God to take root in your heart by reflecting on the following passages of Scripture. Begin by preparing your heart in prayer. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you put finger on any pride in your life and confess it before you begin.
- Read Daniel 4:1-18 . Imagine you are in Daniel’s sandals. What would have gone through your heart and mind as you heard the king share his dream?
- Read Daniel 4:19-27. What interpretation and advice does Daniel offer? How do you see humility and wisdom in Daniel’s word?
- Read Daniel 4:28-37. Put Nebuchadnezzar’s story into your own words. How does God work through this situation to receive glory?
- Read Romans 12:3 and Philippians 2:3. How can you incorporate the wisdom of these verses into your life?
Insight from the video
As you watch the video for session five, use the following outline to record any additional takeaways from the teaching.
The deceptive and deadly power of pride.
King Nebuchadnezzar’s unusual dream.
Daniel interprets the dream and urges the king to repent.
Why God loves humility but resists the proud.
Nebuchadnezzar’s difficult lesson learned the hard way.
Take a few minutes with your group members to discuss what you just watched and explore these concepts in Scripture.
- What statement in the video teaching affected you the most? Why?
- What was the difference between Daniels’s heart and Nebuchadnezzar’s heart?
- What was God’s purpose in sending Daniel to interpret the king’s dream?
- Why does God say that he abhors the haughty heart?
- What is your specific action to live out this promise of God this week